In March 2016, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Board of Regents approved the framework and creation of the nonprofit corporation, UNLV Medicine, the clinical faculty practice plan of the the UNLV School of Medicine.
The mission of UNLV Medicine is to provide a premier multi-specialty academic group practice and primary care physicians who strive to provide the highest quality health care.
UNLV Medicine is a multi-specialty practice with over 365 employees, and 19 locations with 200 providers. Our medical practice includes an integrated autism center, employs three pediatric general surgeons, and a specialist in pediatric allergy/immunology. We are committed to helping the underserved areas and population. UNLV Medicine combines education and research within the treatment environment, and manages the faculty clinical practice.
Through our clinical activity, our faculty practice plan supports the medical school’s missions of:
- Providing exceptional medical care and superior patient experience.
- Building clinical, education and research service lines and programs.
- Translating leading scientific innovations into clinical practice.
- Servicing the diverse health care needs of the southern Nevada region.
- Providing learning experiences for graduate, and post-graduate medical education.
- Be an environment for continuing education of physicians.
- Maintain a fiscally viable clinical enterprise for the UNLV School of Medicine.